May 31, 2013 by Nate
“Standing up for historic Christian principles will increasingly get you in trouble socially and maybe economically, perhaps one day also criminally. It’s ironic that Christians are told not to impose their views on others, even as the threat of job loss or other penalties loom over Christians for not toeing the new party line.
In all this, Christians are tempted to become panicked or to speak as alarmists. But to the extent we do, to that same extent we show we’ve embraced an unbiblical and nominal Christianity.
Here, then, are seven principles for surviving the very real cultural shifts we’re presently enduring.
1. Remember that churches exist to work for supernatural change.
2. Understand that persecution is normal.
3. Eschew utopianism.
4. Make use of our democratic stewardship.
5. Trust the Lord, not human circumstances.
6. Remember that everything we have is God’s grace.
7. Rest in the certainty of Christ’s victory.